Everlane.png

Everlane Filters

Everlane e-commerce platform has existed for seven years. As the number of products grew finding the product you’re looking for has become challenging. Our team set out to fix this.

 
 

My role

UX / UI
Research
User testing
Prototyping
Interactions

 

Defining a problem

I got an opportunity to lead this project end to end. First step was to understand why we were doing it.

 
Filters 1.jpg
 
 

Understanding the current state of the world

Before exploring what could be I started by looking at what is there right now. To do so, I analyzed how sizing differes across product categories and the current structure of the navigation. These insights informed future decisions around feature logic and usability.

 
Filters 2.jpg
 
 

Understanding current user behavior

In order to understand how we should approach this feature we first needed to understand how people currently search for products and what their mental patterns are. We decided to focus on people who have clear search parameters with the assumption that this type of users are more likely to interact the filters versus users who are simply browsing. This determined the way we designed user testing tasks and questions.

 
 
Filters User Research.jpg
 
 

Exploring the possibilities

The next steps was to leverage all the research insights to start generating possible solutions. Considering the myriad of different usability patterns for filtering, focusing on what we are optimizing helped avoid falling into the trap of endless exploration and drove the ultimate direction.

 
 

Mobile wireframes

Filters Wireframes Mobile.jpg

Desktop wireframes

Filters 6.jpg
 

Choosing a path

Lorem ipsum.

 

Results

11.6% conversion rate and 8.6% engagement rate.